Sunday, February 24, 2013

"January"

I figured I would start off this blog with a poem that I wrote. I think it is especially fitting with the weather we have been having and with the upcoming weather forecast!

 
January
Wind is a howling wolf,
Sky about to burst forth with her heavy weight.
Trees once tiptoeing to touch the sky,
now bend forward to nod at the ground.
Bulging, pregnant sky
 has dropped forth from her womb,
a downpour.
World is a snow globe,
magical flakes swirling ‘round.
Pure, free so graceful-
a billion silver-white drops
of radiance falling at once.
Spellbound by
this majestic display,
invigorating.
 Wolf has settled for a bit,
Trees-standing at attention waiting…
Once proudly bearing its cloak of leaves,
now bear a dusting of snow.
Branches glisten,
Winter birds start to listen,
they shout forth with song,
frolic about in the snow-
stop to play during their journey
to who only knows where.
Young buck, in the shadows,
a sight to see,
 nosing at a snowdrift –
tossing up tiny snowballs,
his nose a shiny white.
A noise-quiet, yet there-
off runs the buck,
snow dusting at his hooves.
Wolf has calmed,
Sky has opened up
and poured forth her possessions
to blanket this world.
This magical wonderland,
at peace, alone again,
in this magnificent
moment in time.
 
 


2 comments:

  1. My grandson stayed with us last week while his dad was having back surgery. Landon was intrigued with a mini-snowglobe that actually was the tummy of a ceramic snowman I had on my dresser. He played and played with that, putting it on the coffee table, then returning to it to shake it up again. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad that you got to spend time with Landon, althouh I sorry about the circumstances. I am currently living with my daughter in Kokomo, trying to find my husband and I a house. I have six grandchildren and they are such joys! My daughter has an almost 5 year old, who I babysit weekdays, second-shift-he is hilarious and makes my day.
      I remember when my children were small, they were totally fascinated with snow-globes! I admit little ones and snow-globes are fun!

      Delete