Friday, March 8, 2013

"The Road Not Taken"


Robert Frost’s The Road Not Taken, is one of my all-time favorite poems, because I relate to it very well. At certain times in my life I have run across “two roads diverged” and I had to make choices, some good, some not so good. But we always have to make a choice of which road to take, and realize that with every choice we make there is a consequence-good or bad.

“And I looked down one as far as I could…Then took the other…Oh, I kept the first for another day!” I feel like there are times in my life that I have faced the same roads, then choosing my path to walk , saving the other for later in my life, all the while, deep-down, knowing that I will never come back to that point and my choice cannot be undone. I find myself wondering from time to time if I have made the right choices in my life. All I really know about all the choices that I have made so far, through my journey through life, is my choice is to have faith in God and to leave everything to Him has been a blessing. In a way, I too, like Frost, “…took the one less traveled by,”

I try not to pattern my life after anyone, I do not have an idol, nor do I wish to be like anyone else. I am called weird quite often! I prefer, eccentric, but all-in-all I take it as a complement. My “weirdness” is because I am me and do things my way, not necessarily following the rules all the time. (Oops) I feel that I am a unique individual, as we all are, and we should strive to be our true selves, not patterned after someone, or should we change who we are to please someone else. (That never works anyway)  I am so glad that many times I have taken the road less traveled by, because “… that has made all the difference.”

No comments:

Post a Comment