Monday, April 22, 2013

Life is too Short to Waste


In The Snows of Kilimanjaro, by E. Hemingway, I was reminded very much about all the things I, too, would like to write about. I find myself wondering if I will ever do it, or if I will get the time, before time runs out. I have had a temporary case of writer’s block lately. My dream is to publish my poetry, even if I get the only copy! But I feel, my best poetry is locked away inside me somewhere, and he best is yet to come. I also wonder if that’s really the attitude to have, because this story also reminded me that there may not be a tomorrow, as no one is promised another day.

Another project, which I may undertake one day, is writing a book about how it feels to be Bi-Polar, especially the very deep, dark depressions that come along with this disorder. I have some journals from a particularly dark time in my life that I will probably incorporate into the book.  I want others to know that they are not alone and those of us with this disorder do know how they feel.

The truth is that I am not getting any younger, so maybe, just maybe I will begin to write again soon! I have found that for me writing just plain and simply make me feel better, especially through the rough times. I do believe that in reading The Snows of Kilimanjaro, has possibly awakened my dreams and I might take my dreams off the back burner soon!

Writing is a great diversion for most anything. Life is too short to waste by putting our dreams on hold. Our hopes and dreams are ours totally and we should never let them go and strive for them!


Me having a good day!


1 comment:

  1. You are never too old to write. A Blog is a perfect place to post your thoughts. Just set some goals and start slow... eventually you will get it done. They sound like interesting subjects. I say go for it... let 2013 be the year you finish one of your writing projects. I am writing a book too. I am hoping to finish it this year. Sometimes life gets in the way and holds me back, but I want to finish it this year. The year isn't over yet, we can do this! Go for it!!!!

    ReplyDelete