Friday, April 12, 2013

Nick, Daisy, and Me


I totally enjoyed reading The Great Gatsby.  The characters I most relate to are Nick and Daisy.

First, I relate to Nick because I am a by-stander as he was. I prefer to be on the side-lines not drawing attention to myself. I like to listen, observe, and learn. I feel Nick was very unobtrusive; he did not pry into other’s personal problems or their lives, he basically observed. I am quite a bit like that, I do not like to hear the details of gossip or “he said, she said”, it’s none of my business, but for some reason people love to gossip to me, I think this is because they KNOW I will not repeat it. Nick is a lot like that.

I can relate to Daisy on one point: I know the feelings she must have had and the betrayal and hurt she felt at being cheated on in her marriage. I have had the same luck. Other than that point, I am nothing like Daisy; she was following the money and loved her rich lifestyle. I, unlike Daisy, do for myself. She didn’t seem capable of doing much of anything for herself or on her own.
 
 
 
 
Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start. ~Nido Qubein~
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment